1. An oak tree on the ground looks four times bigger than it did standing up.
2. Even after all these years it is still nice to spend time with Col. Mustard in the ballroom with the lead pipe.
3. When house hunting look for closets with lots of leg room.
4. Water from the shower is much colder than water from the kitchen sink--and tastes just as bad.
5. AA, C and D are the only alphabet we need.
6. The four-way stop is still an ingenious reflection of civility.
7. Radio can be the best way to watch television.
8. Chain-saw wielding men are nothing to be afraid of.
9. SUV's are the best makeshift tents on the market.
10. You can use your washing machine as a cooler.
11. It's your God given right to sit on your back porch and eat Chinese takeout by candlelight in your underwear.
12. We shouldn't complain about "useless" tools in the garage-we actually DO need a generator
13. You can't spell "priceless" without I-C-E.
14. Downed power lines make excellent security systems.
15. Lakes can generate waves.
16. Gasoline is a value at any price
17. Cell phones: Breaking up isn't hard to do.
18. The life blood of any disaster recovery is COFFEE
19. The need for your dog to go out and take care of business is inversely proportional to the severity of the storm.
20. Candlelight is better than Botox--- it takes years off your appearance
21. Air Conditioning: BEST. INVENTION. EVER.
22. Water is a comfort food. But 3-day-old Cheetos are too.
23. Shadow animals on the wall---still fun.
24. No matter how hard the wind blows, roadside campaign signs will survive.
25. You should never admit to having power at your house in the presence of co-workers or neighbors who do not.
26. There's a plus to having NOTHING in the refrigerator.
27. Getting through the day should be an Olympic event.
28. The movie theater can be a most pleasant place, even if the feature is Alien vs. Predator
29. Somebody's got it worse.
30. Somebody's got it better. Obviously, they're getting preferential
Three female Bengal tiger cubs, with gold, white, and brown fur colors, from left, look from their box on Saturday, Sept. 4, 2004, in a photo released by the Hollywood and Safaripark in Schloss Holte-Stukenbrock, western Germany, on Monday, Sept. 6, 2004. Born on July 15, 2004, the three yet unnamed cubs surprised the park's director and wardens by presenting themselves in three different fur colors. Their parents - brown Bengal tigers Rani and Ratscha - both carry recessive white genes. Director Fritz Wurm explained that the rare golden fur of one of the girl cubs is a mix of brown and white. (AP Photo/Hollywood and Safaripark, Udo Richter)
Mehmet Yilmaz snorts milk up his nose and squirts it out of his eye in a bid to set a new world record in Istanbul, Turkey, Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2004. Yilmaz squirted the milk 2 meters 79.5 centimeters, surpassing the exisitng world record of 2 meters 61 centimeters. Organizers said the record must still be verified. (AP Photo/Osman Orsal)
and then there is this......
C. Manoharan Snake Manu practices with a garden snake by running it through his nose and out his mouth in an attempt to create a Guinness Record in Madras, India, Thursday, Sept. 2, 2004. Manu plans to set the record by using a live cobra. (AP Photo/M.Lakshman)