• 1 cup chopped refrigerated mango slices
• 1 cup pineapple juice
• 8 green tea bags
• 2 4-inch mint sprigs
• 4 cups boiling water
• 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
• Ice cubes
1. Place the chopped mango and pineapple juice in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate the pureed mixture.
2. Meanwhile, in a large glass bowl, pour boiling water over the tea bags and mint sprigs. Cover and let steep 5 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags and mint sprigs. Cool, covered, for 1 hour. Chill for 2 hours.
3. Transfer the chilled tea to a 2-quart pitcher; add the pureed mango mixture and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
4. To serve, pour the tea mixture into ice-filled glasses. Garnish each glass with an additional mango slice and a pineapple star. Makes 6 (8-ounce) servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 66, total fat: 0g, saturated fat: 0g, cholesterol: 0mg, sodium: 4mg, carbohydrate: 16g, fiber: 0g, protein: 0g, vitamin A: 5%, vitamin C: 31%, calcium: 1%, iron: 3%